About Daman

 

The National Health Insurance Company – Daman – is the region's leading specialized health insurer, providing comprehensive health insurance solutions to more than 2.4 million members in the UAE.

 

Since its establishment in 2006, Daman has been the partner of choice for a number of the country's most prominent organizations and multinational companies, in various industries including oil and gas, aerospace, energy, construction, investments, and media.

 

Daman is a public joint-stock company 80% owned by the Abu Dhabi Government, with the remaining 20% owned by Munich Re, one of the world's leading reinsurers. Munich Re fulfills an important role as both reinsurer and a valuable source for knowledge transfer.

 

Headquartered in Abu Dhabi, Daman offers a range of health insurance plans for both individuals and organizations. A pioneer in healthcare insurance, the company drives innovation through a combination of state-of-the-art technology and healthcare-related expertise offered by a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce. Daman operates a 24/7 customer call center and has a medical services authorization team in direct contact with healthcare providers. It also provides a diverse range of online services that are unmatched in the UAE.

 

Please refer to Daman's website for more information: www.damanhealth.ae

 

 About Thiqa

 

Thiqa is the health insurance program designed for UAE nationals and those of similar status in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Under the wise leadership of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, issued resolution no. 83 of 2007 concerning implementation of health insurance for nationals and those of similar status.

 

More than [up-to-date figure needed] Emirati people have enrolled in the Thiqa scheme since its inception in 2008.

 

The National Health Insurance Company – Daman – is nominated to manage the Thiqa program on behalf of the Abu Dhabi Government, and the company has contracted an extensive network of healthcare providers to ensure ready access to the highest-quality medical treatment.

 

Please refer to Thiqa's website for more information: www.thiqa.ae