Visiting a Patient
Inpatient Units 10:00 - 22:00
Critical Care Area 10:00 - 14:00 and 16:00 - 22:00
Neonatal ICU 24 hours
We understand that visits from your family and friends form part of your support system and can play an important part in healing. Our visitor guidelines were put together to ensure the safety and long-term health of our patients. Please do respect the instructions of the nurses and physicians, who work to do what is best for both you and your loved one.
Visits outside of normal visiting hours
In circumstances where visits outside of normal visiting times are considered to be in the patient's best interest and not detrimental to the care of others, special permission may be granted by the Unit Manager/Charge Nurse or Physician.
Number of visitors
• In rooms where there is more than one patient, please ensure that there are only two visitors at a time for each patient.
• Only one visitor/attendant is allowed with the patient in the pre-holding area in the Operating Room.
• In the inpatient units, visitors are encouraged to minimize the number of visitors at one time.
• In critical care areas, only two visitors per patient are allowed at any given time.
Please help us keep the hospital quiet by speaking softly and avoiding unnecessary noise.
Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments, or when the doctor or nurse needs to examine the patient.
Don't stay too long and tire out your loved one. Be sure to communicate with them to ensure you understand what they want or need. Children, while a joy and pleasure, should also be monitored closely to ensure their visit does not become tiring for the patient.
Hygiene and safety
• Please ensure that your hands are cleaned and washed when you arrive and when you leave. Hand-sanitizing dispensers are available for visitors' use to help prevent the spread of infection.
• Please do not sit on the patient's bed or use the patient's toilet.
• Please do not touch any machine in the patient's room or any devices attached to the patient.
• Do not bring electrical appliances to the hospital (please refer to the policy for patient-owned electrical appliances).
• Kindly do not to bring any items from home (e.g. food, carpet, mattress, etc) unless permitted by the unit manager or designated staff.
Only parents and grandparents are allowed to visit the Neonatal Intensive Care unit unaccompanied. All other visitors must be accompanied by the parents or grandparents.
Use of mobile phones
Patients and visitors may use mobile phones in most areas of the hospital. Mobile phones are not allowed in certain restricted areas. As a courtesy to others, please set your ringer to low or vibrate. Note that sometimes the doctors or nurses may need to speak on their mobile phones to address clinical issues.